Scheduled to launch in January 2018
A Peer Group for Leaders
Of Not-For-Profit Organizations
Six years ago, I began forming peer groups for CEOs. Among the 100+ members across the first six groups, several not-for-profit CEOs enjoyed — and substantially contributed to — the experience and peer influence.
And yet, they said, “We are different. Our organizations are truly mission oriented. We are building communal assets, rather than personal ownership equity. And we are assessed by a board…
“We might be founders and builders, but we are stewards rather than owners.”
The most recent to tell me this: Beth Paul, President of Capital University. Beth said, “Let’s assemble a new peer group, one for leaders with executive authority in not-for-profit organizations.”
That’s where we are now.
Here’s the plan.
- Meetings, starting in January 2018:
- second Tuesdays, with some exceptions; eight times a year (8:30a-2:30p)
- one annual overnight retreat (in Ohio)
- Vistage Executive Summit, an annual meeting of 120+ local business leaders
- invitations to Vistage speakers visiting other Birdhouse groups (“Birdhouse” is the community of Vistage members in my practice.)
- Members: CEOs (and COOs with operating authority) of central Ohio not-for-profit organizations — no competitors, no conflicts
- Monthly 121 (one-to-one) coaching: conducted member-to-member
- Dues, paid in advance:
- $4,493 annually
- or $2,281 semi-annually
- or $386 monthly (12 months per year)
- Co-Chairs: Lisa Marks Dolin and Artie Isaac
If this interests you, do either (or both) of these next steps.
statement of intention
Qualitatively, we will admit people who are firing on all cylinders:
- are smart, ambitious, and successful
- are trusting and trustworthy
- are earnest, but don’t take themselves too seriously
- are kind-hearted (no jerks)
- play the big game — are willing to bring their biggest challenges
- can engage — show up on time, focus (no cell phones), lean in
- will confront their peers kindly
- are experienced enough to know they need to change — and energetic enough to do it.
This groups is for “A” Players. If you are an “A” Player, here is a message for you.